Sunday, January 4, 2009

Alligator Farm. They don't call it the Gator Bowl for nothing.

We had extra time to stop by an "Alligator Farm", and to my surprise, they don't harvest purses and shoes here! This was actually way better than a zoo, with lots of close up access to the animals. We could even touch and get our picture taken w/ a 12 footer for $75. No thanks!! I like all my arms and legs just the way they are! This reserve is the only place in the world to exhibit all 23 species of crocodilians, plus they have the largest? alligator in captivity. All in all, over 300 alligators, plus birds and monkeys. Definitely worth the admission fee!
So you could feed the alligators with little pellets... and this is only a fraction of them!
I thought these little guys were prehistoric! Guess not!

This guy was waiting for me to fall in!


No comments: